Friday, August 21, 2009

Should I Wait Until I'm Married?

After reading Linny's post about Elizabeth over and over, I decided to send her an e-mail and ask her what she thinks about single parent adoptions. After all, she loves the Lord, is a pastor's wife, a counselor, and mom to many.

She responded. Not with a reply e-mail, but with a post on her blog. I bawled through the whole thing. Please read it here.

Thank you, Linny.

This morning I was reading that so often we hear God speak and want to jump into obedience. We forget that there are life adustments that need to occur before the actual "stepping out" part. For me, with adoption, those adustments would be things like: analyzing and rethinking my finances; researching orphanages; completing my homestudy. I need to prepare to be a single mom. No, God needs to prepare me to be a single mom. It doesn't mean that I am sitting still and doing nothing. But I can't hop on a plane tonight and go to Uganda, either (don't I wish!). So the preparation and waiting continue. It is such a journey!

3 comments:

  1. I emailed her the exact same question and was thrilled with the response! I too am single, obviously :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true! I want to start the adoption process so bad. But I really can tell during this time of preparation, God is refining us in every aspect. (Even getting rid of extra things at my house so we live simpler and not have to think about cleaning so much.) With my personality this would normally be very hard for me to wait, but I love seeing God in every detail of this. The change in our family has been worth the wait! I hope you are seeing some of his blessings during this time also. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day is coming! He is preparing you and your heart and your little girl...infact you are one day closer! He loves you most and is ready to give you His BEST! Can't wait to watch it unfold....xo

    ReplyDelete