Monday, October 12, 2009

Just Call Me Gideon

Okay, so I know that I should trust God enough not to ask Him to prove that He is speaking to me...but in all honesty, sometimes I just need Him to. This whole adoption process is one of those times. You see, being that I am single and this is not exactly the conventional way of creating a family, I doubted.



But God.



I love that phrase. But God. He allows me to doubt, and joyfully proves Himself to me time and time again. He is so good!



About a year ago I was doubting that it was indeed the Lord guiding me to adopt, so I decided to ask Him for something outrageous. I didn't tell a soul what I had asked for. That way, if He chose to do it, I would know that He was telling me to adopt. Three days ago, IT happened!



Someone sent me a check for $1000!


Just call me Gideon. I put out a fleece--something so irrational and improbable that only God could do it. And He did.



Today I am mailing in my homestudy documents, along with a check for $1000. Isn't He good???

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! God has a great sense of humor. Some of the funnies He has done for me keep me laughing.

    I bet ya that God is gonna move some more cool mountains here shortly for ya! Can't wait for you to share about that too!

    Sweet Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that!!! Yes, in His perfect timing, He does so much want us to know He is right there in the middle of our lives. Beautiful that He chose to give that gift, that fleece, to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was rereading those who posted comments on Memorial Box Monday's and had to pop in to see if anything was new....obviously I missed this post!! I am thrilled that you have begun and that you are officially at the top of Barbara's list!! Yippee Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the Memorial Box!! You're truly blessed and cannot wait to here of your referral:)

    ReplyDelete