Thursday, April 2, 2009

Cha-Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes!

It has been over two weeks since my application was received at Amani, and I still have not gotten a concrete answer from them. I prayed so hard that their response would be a clear indication of whether I was to move forward with this adoption or not. Since I haven't really gotten a response, I can't take it as a "yes" or a "no." It's a maybe...so I'm looking into other orphanages, and have found one that seems very reputable. It has been recommended to me by various people, including the family in Uganda who had originally (but indirectly) sent me to Amani.

The new orphanage I am looking at is Sanyu Babies' Home in Kampala. It is the oldest orphanage in the country and is very near Brian & Lynne. That means I can probably stay with them while I'm in Uganda! The Sanyu website is: www. Sanyu Babies. com

I would greatly welcome your prayers as I continue to seek the Lord in this. Let His Will be done!

5 comments:

  1. What an exciting journey! Thanks for sharing it. I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Ugandan adoption journey. Are you homestudy ready and everything? I am hoping to get my I-600a approval next week and travel at the beginning of May. You can email me if you like t_erolltide@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE Sanyu! My husband was there in February. Praying for your journey. It is a wild ride...but worth every bump!

    Sherry with Angels Haven is great!

    Jena
    www.packofpenners.blogspot.com
    www.adoptinginuganda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We too are researching Uganda adoptions and will probably be deciding between Sanyu and Amani. Would you mind emailing me? I would love to ask you a few questions about what you've learned so far.
    sis2kensia@yahoo.com

    Salem R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, we're adopting from Sanyu! It seems like a great orphanage! Our son is 3 (today). My email is beccasgecko@yahoo.com Hope your day goes well!

    ReplyDelete