Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I wonder if this could be the last Mother's Day I will celebrate as a non-mom?

Happy Mother's Day to all my sweet family and friends who are blessed to be mommies! I am so thankful to have you all as role models of what it means to be a good mom! And especially, thanks to my mom. She really is the most amazing woman...so full of love, sacrifice, and devotion to each one of her kids and grandkids. We are a blessed family!

There has been no answer yet from Amani. I know it seems weird to be waiting for them to answer when I really feel led to work with Sanyu now. It may not make sense, but I'm really praying that the Lord would speak through the Board at Amani. It's been my prayer from the beginning, so it's still my prayer today. The silence may be God telling me to wait. As it stands, there are no little girls at either Amani or Sanyu who are "adoptable." That means my daughter is not there waiting for me. If she were, it would be a whole different story. But she's not there yet. She's not ready for me to get her.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from a woman I met through the blogging world. She told me that little girls are "very, very rare" at Sanyu. Surprisingly, I wasn't discouraged. If the Lord has a daughter for me, it doesn't matter how unlikely it is...He is the God of great wonders! With 2 million orphans in Uganda, it doesn't seem like much of a feat to get one of them to Sanyu in time for my arrival. Does it?

On a happy note, I counted all of the money in my "Adoption Fundraising" jar. I've kept all of my spare change, recycling money, and a few tubes of quarters from friends. I couldn't believe the total--I've put $619.75 in that jar in 3 months!!! Wow! If the Lord ends up telling me not to adopt, I'm going to have a nice chunk of change to do something with...I guess 'll either end up with a remodeled house or a daughter.

I vote for the daughter, Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled across this blog. I wouldn't be too disheartened. I don't think that girls are very, very rare at Sanyu (I was just there & my husband is currently there...) it's just that they tend to be fostered/adopted more quickly. Don't lose heart, your daughter is out there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete