Tuesday, June 2, 2009

African Adoption T-Shirts & Garage Sale Photos

I had these great t-shirts made for everyone who helped at my garage sale. It made all the workers easily identifiable, plus added a nice reminder to the buyers that they were supporting a good cause.


Thanks so much to Francel & Sarah Esquivel for printing these awesome t-shirts, and to Ed Plant for his cuter-than-ever drawing of my future daughter reaching up to be loved!


If anyone is interested in getting one of these shirts to support my adoption, please contact me. I can have them printed in a variety of colors, but gray and light pink are the popular favorites so far. A donation of $20 each would be appreciated, and if you live close, I'll hand deliver for free! :)

Galen printed these awesome signs to help us advertise what we were doing.




And now here's a funny story...

We wanted to get a picture of all of us girls wearing our shirts. Well, all the guys had disappeared, so my mom asked this woman to take our picture. BUT, she didn't speak English, so she thought my mom was asking her to get in the picture with us. She's in the yellow shirt. We were all trying so hard not to bust out laughing...we didn't want her to feel bad! Check out Charmetra though...can you tell she's dying???

















2 comments:

  1. That last story cracked me up--thanks for the laughs :-) hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it made you laugh, Summer! At the moment it was so totally hilarious! Thanks for checking in...

    ReplyDelete