Saturday, July 11, 2009

Fingerprinted!


Today I got fingerprinted! It's my first real "doing something" besides just ordering a document online. The gentleman thought I was crazy for wanting a picture, but when I told him I wanted to be able to show my daughter someday, he warmed up right away. Karalyn had to get fingerprinted, too, since she lives in my house. I tried to casually but firmly make it clear that I was the one adopting...not the two of us together! It's so sad that in our society I have to worry that people may think that.


Yesterday I tried to make my doctor's appointment online but it said I wasn't eligible for a physical until 2010. So I called. The woman on the other end was so sweet, figuring out a way to label the appointment so that I would be able to get all the information I needed from my doctor without calling it a "physical." Then she started asking me questions about the adoption. Turns out that she has 3 adopted kids of her own! We sat and chatted for 10 minutes! Isn't God good? I'm so glad that I couldn't make that appointment online...I would've missed the blessing!

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking of you! It is amazing how we find ourselves blessed by something unexpected like this phone conversation that you had! God does work in interesting ways. I am so glad that you were able to get the appointment that you needed! :) Talk to you soon!

    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you found anyone to work with yet? I am still interested in talking to you if you want some ideas on other directions in Uganda. suzy.gillies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete