Monday, March 14, 2011

Heard At My House

So tonight, amidst my busy-ness from coming off a full day at work and trying to get dinner ready, I nearly missed a precious moment with Dorie. She really wanted to have a tea party...I really didn't. I almost told her no. But the Lord prompted me and gave me the strength to say yes. At first I told her we'd just have juice. I could see the disappointment on her face, so I went ahead and made a small bit of tea. She filled up her tiny sugar bowl. She asked me for some milk for the pitcher. And maybe a treat? (Before dinner??? But I pulled out two Oreo cookies). As we sat drinking our tea, our conversation went like this:



Dorie: Mommy, would you like some more tea?


Me: Oh, yes, please. It's delicious.


Dorie: Thank you! While we're drinking our tea, let's write about what we like best about our tea party.


Me: Okay.



And this is what she wrote:


"I love being with my mommy."

Can you believe I almost passed that up??????

5 comments:

  1. So happy you decided to have the tea party.....well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I stumbled upon your blog through A Place Called Simplicity. Anyway, I was immediately drawn in by the story of your adoption. I am a single girl (I don't feel old enough to call myself a woman :] ) currently attending college. God has placed on my heart a sweet little girl that I will, one day, find. Her name is Jane, and she's somewhere in Africa. That's all I know, but I am trusting God, believing that one day He will bring me to my little girl. I don't know that I'll be married when this happens, so it is so encouraging to me to see a Godly, single woman who has answered God's call in her life to adopt. Thank you for your testimony, and for sharing that with all of us.

    In Him,
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are killing me with all these quotes. seriously! "and thank you for adopting me" wow..precious girl!!

    ReplyDelete