Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dorie's First Easter

Sorry for being late with this post! I only have a few shots, since BOTH of my cameras did not have fully charged batteries. Geez. When I was just the auntie I always had my camera and it was always fully charged. Not so much now that I'm a mom. What happened?

Anyway, Easter festivities officially started on Saturday with a combo egg dying and birthday party for cousin Maleah. It was Dorie's first time coloring eggs and she was so excited! She and Maleah were the last ones at the table...in it until the bitter end!
Very detail oriented! Dorie and cousin Makaela




After coloring eggs, Maleah and Dorie went with cousin Lily, Auntie Heather (Lily and Maleah's mom), Jaja Nana, and me for pedicures. So fun!




Sweet girl all decked out for Easter! I'm bummed the pretty pink-ness of her dress didn't show up in any of the pictures. Trust me, it was precious!





Dorie's Ugandan Easter basket. We had this especially made for her from one of the ladies at the local Friday market in Uganda. When we ordered it, Dorie had no clue what it was for!





Even on Easter, everyone has to be on the trampoline. Watch out for Uncle Mead!




Group shots are almost impossible...and Dorie was not helping much...well, she was trying to help get the little ones to smile, and she succeeded here. Too bad she didn't get her head up fast enough!




Another good shot of everyone except Dorie! Goof ball!









Happy First Easter, Sweet Baby Girl!!!





5 comments:

  1. She is so cute! I love this last picture of you two!!! I can't wait to get together again! Happy Easter girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair rocks! I love the twists. Happy late Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your post on Linn's.... praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful basket. the pink did show in some of the pictures and she is beautiful in it pink or not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun pics! can't wait to see you in person! not soon enough! :-)

    ReplyDelete