Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Good News and Bad News

Let's start with the bad, because it was really bad, but it's getting better. I was informed on Monday morning that Little D was in the hospital with malaria. Needless to say, I was pretty emotional...still am, actually. She was on an I.V. and stayed overnight in the hospital, but was discharged and seems to be doing better. Godfrey emailed to say she was playing when he got to her house last night! The important thing now is to make sure D gets lots of rest and enough fluids and nutrition to keep her strong. Her living situation is not very conducive to that, so please continue to pray for her! I am thankful to serve a God Who cares for the sparrows...so how much more does He care for this innocent little one?

Now the good news is that I just got off the phone with the Los Angeles U.S. Immigration office, and they told me that they approved my I-600a application! I should receive the long-awaited I-171H in 4-5 days! Yahoo!

I'm going to be mailing all my documents to Uganda, bathed in prayer. I would love, love, love to be in Uganda the same time as my sweet friend Keltie, when she goes to pick up her kids! Her wait makes mine look like a walk in the park.

5 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes! I am doing a happy dance over here! I am so very happy you can't see me. We're going to U-GAN-da. We're gonna get our BA-bies!

    Love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry your precious girl has malaria, I pray she is better very soon!!

    Congratulations on your I-171H! I remember the day I got that approval in the mail... I was SO excited!!

    I pray you get to travel with your friend... what a special journey that will be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for the approval and i will pray right now for your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear about your paperwork and that your little blessing is doing better. Malaria can be a horrible thing. So thankful she got the medical attention she needed! And when you get to Uganda give Keltie a great big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! So happy for you! And loving that sweet little D is doing better!!

    Praying for your prayer-bath-soaked papers get to Uganda soon, so you can Ganda Ganda Ganda (in Lugunda, Go, Go, Go) To Ugandan very soon!!!

    YEAH!
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete