Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sweet Baby Girl!

My little D turned six today. Under most circumstances, this would have been a hard day for me. But God is so faithful! Today, on her birthday, my attorneys received all my paperwork and will be filing for a court date tomorrow! My attorneys are expecting a mid-February date. I would welcome any prayers for God's favor on which judge I will be assigned to, as some judges look more favorably on international adoption than others.

Then, my dear friend Lynne was able to send me new photos of little D. These were taken this morning...just hours before I had them in my inbox! She looks so happy, so healthy! Lynne brought her a cake and then delivered my gifts to her. She's wearing the dress I sent (a little big, so I guess I need to go shopping for a few smaller items!), and holding the bunny I bought for her. Talk about making my day!!

My sweet baby girl's birthday was the best day in this whole process so far! Isn't God so wonderful!

9 comments:

  1. I have goosebumps! I cannot WAIT to see you in Uganda my sweet sister. Happy birthday to your precious one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day!!!! We continue to pray for you. Can't wait until you get to go get her and hold her yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh that makes me cry, that being so far away she can feel your love. Happy Birthday sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!!! I have tears just reading your post!!

    She looks AMAZING! And so happy that her Mommy is coming soon!

    Can't wait to hear about that court date!!

    Prayers!

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. how exciting that you were able to send her gifts for her birthday! she'll grow into the clothes in no time too. :-)
    i will continue to pray for you. still wish i was going with you.
    can't wait to hear more of this story as it unfolds. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a BEAUTY, Melissa!!!!! Can't wait for you guys to embrace and start bonding face to face!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's so beautiful!!!

    I pray you get a court date very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi M~
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet little girl. Cant wait for you to bring her home and let everyone get to meet her. Cody has been collecting treasures from around the house to give her!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete