Sunday, July 4, 2010

Home Again

We got home from our vacation last night. It was SO wonderful! Dorie loved every minute of it. We all did. I enjoyed watching her interact with our family every day, and seeing the bond grow between them all. She is definitely fitting in.

It was also fun to see what conversations sparked with other families. D and I definitely stand out and I got to share with several families who are adoption minded. It was exciting and a blessing.

At one point during the week I shared with my sister about something D does that drives me crazy. My sister started laughing and said, "Gee, I wonder where she gets that?" Huh? Apparently I do the same thing. And they say adoption isn't genetic? I've got a list going of "proof" that D is my daughter. I'll have to post it next week.


Pictures to follow if I can find my camera. It appears I left it at the camp in the mountains. Praying someone was honest...

2 comments:

  1. No joke! That "genetic link" is real!! My kids do stuff all the time that is so "dw and i"...and it makes us laugh!

    I will join you in praying that you find your camera...God is able!! PS And then it can be a Memorial Box post {hint-hint}...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that you all had a wonderful family vacation together. I am sure Dorie is loving spending time with her cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents! Family is WONDERFUL!

    I had to laugh about your comment about how Dorie is doing things just like you. Krissy....my oldest, isn't my biological daughter, but she is the MOST like me. LOL.....

    ReplyDelete