Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Attorneys

Okay, so I'm pretty well convinced that I have the best attorneys in the world...not just in Uganda.

They have yet to see a dime (I wired the first payment forever ago, but it is still processing--go figure!) and even so, they have been working tirelessly to get things done.

Things like:
*measuring Sweet Baby Girl's height so I can buy a few clothing items for her
*emailing messages back and forth from Sweet Baby Girl to me and vice versa
*applying for Sweet Baby Girl's passport
*arranging for a probation officer (more like a social worker) visit tomorrow to verify the situation for the Ugandan court

Did I mention that they haven't been paid yet?

I love these two ladies! Lord, thank You for Dorah and Rebecca!!

Now, if the Department of Homeland Security could just step it up a notch, we'd be in business. I emailed them Friday morning (the website statement "You will receive a response within two business days" is a joke), called yesterday evening and left a message, and am still hoping Congressman Ed Royce will pull some strings (I voted for him twice, so I think he owes me!).

Even without the paperwork done, it will be a very Merry Christmas for me!! Just knowing that soon my little girl will be in my arms is enough of a present for me...oh, and by the way, her name means "Gift." Yup, a Merry Christmas indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Your sweet little one will be home with you so soon!

    And great plug for Dorah and Rebecca! We might have to use a quote from you on our Awaka site!!

    Praying for you and your sweet baby daily!!
    Merry Christmas!

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to connect you with the family....

    www.ugandagirlschrisandkristin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete