Monday, December 7, 2009




So my I-600A, the Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition, was received. Today I got a very official looking envelope in the mail. I ran into the house, so excited! I just knew it was going to be information on my fingerprinting date.


And then I saw it. Rejection Notice.

The form read:

"Your I-600A is being returned to you for the following reason:

The check amount was incorrect, or has not been provided."

Yeah, right. I am 100% positive I put that check in there. Did I add the total wrong? No, I double checked my math beforehand. Twice. I was in full panic mode. Until I noticed a second page stapled behind the first. It was a letter which read:

"Dear Applicant,
Due to a system problem, your attached notice was printed in error. It indicates that your application has been rejected. However, your application has been received and forwarded for further processing."

Geez. Talk about giving a girl a heart attack! For Pete's sake, can't they print out the form again? The right form? And why in the world couldn't they put the letter on TOP of the erroneous rejection notice??? Got to love the government.

On a happier note, little D asked the attorney, "When is Mummy coming for me?" The attorney told her I was working to get all the paperwork ready, and D's response was to say, "I'll pray to God that all goes well." Sweet Baby Girl is a prayer warrior!

4 comments:

  1. When I despair, I only need to look to others who are also walking towards their children to remind me that we are all loved beyond measure. It makes me overjoyed to know how your daughter already loves you. There will be adjustment and hard times as she attaches to you and grieves her losses, but these days of anticipation and love are a gift from our heavenly Father to you and also to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, it only gets better! When we got home, I got my 'Welcome to the U.S. letter' from the Department of Homeland Security 4 times... Probably a printing error as well. For being a defense system, they don't have the greatest technology. Once your clearances come in, they 'cable' your approval to Kampala... Who cables things now a days? Email? Fax? Even snail mail would be quicker! (aka, it can take up to 14 business days for it to cable to Kampala)

    What a sweet heart she is! What a blessing that she's over there praying for you already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so sweet she knows you are coming for you and is so excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome news!!!!! Can't wait until you travel and bring sweet baby girl home!!!

    ReplyDelete