Saturday, December 26, 2009

Belated Christmas Present!!

Has it seriously been just 3 weeks since I sent in my I-600a application? It feels like forever...but today I got the letter for my fingerprinting appointment! Although it's not an appointment, per se. I can go any time this week--and it's still Christmas vacation! God's timing is so perfect!

I am constantly reminded of God's perfect love for Sweet Baby Girl. He loves her more than I ever will, and He has a beautiful plan for her life! I am so blessed that I get to be a part of it, and to watch firsthand as it unfolds.

I sat in our Wednesday night church service with some of my nieces and nephews. My five year old niece is just dying for D to get here...she'll finally have a cousin her age! We were talking about one of the ushers who is from Kenya. I explained that his country was right near where D lives. My niece turned to me and whispered, "Hey, why don't we ask him to go get her for us?"

During Christmas dinner, one of my 3 year old nieces was sitting next to me. She looked up at me with her big eyes and asked, "Why did you leave D at home?" I explained to her that D wasn't at my house yet. I love that all the cousins are already caring about her!

Christmas Day was a little strange for me. My nieces and nephews are such sweet and grateful kids. I am blessed beyond measure to be their auntie! I loved watching all of them opening their presents. But MY girl was missing from the picture, and my heart longed for her.

Soon, Sweet Baby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment