Sunday, May 9, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day

What a special day! Lynne and I were talking about what to do today, and I said I just wanted it to be memorable. She looked and me and said, "You're celebrating your first Mother's Day in Uganda. I think it will be memorable." She's right!

Regardless of my location, we were able to come up with some fun activities, too. After church, we (Lynne, her kids, Dorie, and I) went out to lunch and then went bowling. Dorie was a riot! She just jumped up and down and yelled for everyone. She loved it! Her ball rolled about 0.0001 miles per hour down the lane, but it eventually got there...and more often than not, it knocked down a handful of pins. She was ecstatic!

After bowling Lynne dropped Dorie and me off at a salon for a little mommy-daughter time. We both got manicures and pedicures, though D wasn't really sure at first why we were paying people to wash our feet. :) My favorite part is the massage, so I relaxed and closed my eyes until I heard all the staff cracking up. I looked up to see Dorie imitating me with the cheesiest look on her face. I hope I didn't look like that!

We came home and Dorie wanted to jump rope. So much for the lovely nail polish on her big toe. A little bit later she came running up to me and stepped right onto my foot. So much for the lovely nail polish on my big toe. Welcome to motherhood, huh?

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mothers. In the past, my brother-in-law told me that it was my day, too, for all of the "mothering" I had done as a teacher and auntie. So to those who are still waiting for your little ones, Happy Mother's Day to you, too.

I will post pictures tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a memorable day. I am so happy for you!
    Happy Mother's Day to you, Mama! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a beautiful first Mother's Day! I was gone over the weekend, and couldn't wait to get home to read your post!

    ReplyDelete