Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sorry...

Sorry for being so quiet lately. It's not for lack of wanting to post, but I haven't had much internet access the past week. Now I have to take a boda boda to an internet cafe, and it's hot and crowded...not a place for my sweet-but-oh-so-curious-and-active little one. I've left her at the guest house with the girls there, but both times when I got back she had been crying for me. Today she decided to try again (she was playing solitaire on my iPod), so I risked it and decided to take time to write a post. Hopefully I won't return to a tear-stained face this time (though I have to admit, I LOVE that she misses me that much after just one hour!).

My file has officially arrived in Nairobi, and I'm praying for some good news soon. We are keeping busy in the meantime, spending time with other adoptive families and taking little outings. There's only so much to do in a guest house...

So Friday we're planning to go out to Jinja again, just for the day. We're going to pack out the car with teenagers who are being adopted but whose families have had to return home to America without them. Should be a great time!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for loving our kids Melissa! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I miss you and Dorie so much! Sorry I took the internet home with me. If Blake wasn't already almost there, and had I known he was coming to Uganda, I would have sent it back with him!
    Loves to Dorie and E and Janette and even Doris. Hope she makes enough chicken for you guys.
    Keltie

    ReplyDelete