Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back "Home"






We are back in Uganda after a short (too short!) visit in Rwanda. Dorie is off to school today and the teacher informed me they are beginning their exams. Yikes!
We were able to visit at the ABC meeting...nearly 200 kids were there. I was so happy to see my "boy" Hassan! Look at how tall he is! I can't believe how much of a man he has become...17 years old! Wow! Dorie was so shy at first, but then kept asking me where Hassan was. She loved her "brother."








I was surprised that Dorie kept hiding her face, because although the room was full, it was all kids. She was pretty overwhelmed, poor baby. I felt bad for her, but it was so important for me to see all the ABC kids, and for her to meet them too! Once I asked her to help pass out the soap, she was fine. She loved being a helper! I am thankful that my sweet daughter has such a generous spirit.


If anyone would like more information or is interested in sponsoring a Rwandese child through our ABC program, please visit our website at: http://www.abcrwanda.org/

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading more of your blog. Dorie is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete