Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jinja

We had such a nice time in Jinja! We had planned to stay for one night, but were having such a great time that we decided to stay for two!

We were able to meet up with some longtime family friends who were on a missions trip. We arrived on Saturday morning and got to spend all afternoon swimming! Dorie is getting so comfortable in the water and would swim every single day if she could. Sunday we went to church and then visited the Amani Baby Cottage. If you've been reading my blog for any time, you know I had originally applied to adopt from there. It was such a sweet time to meet everyone there, and for Dorie and I to hold tiny babies! When we got back to our hotel, Dorie told me, "Mom, you need two girls. Me and the baby." So cute! I told her that I hoped we'd come back and find her a Ugandan sister someday.

On Monday we enjoyed a boat ride on Lake Victoria and at the Source of the Nile. I definitely enjoyed all the birds and butterflies, but Dorie was more interested in latching and unlatching her life vest. We headed back to the swimming pool at our hotel, which overlooked the Nile. Wow! To top it off, they were playing familiar worship tunes!

It was a wonderful couple of days to just be "us." As we were swimming yesterday I looked at Dorie and was amazed at how far we've come. We can just be together and have so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment