Sunday, April 11, 2010

Finding God's Rest

The sermon this morning was on finding God's rest. About His peace that passes all understanding. It reminded me that last week I wrote this in an email to one of my best friends:

I have to say that I can look back at my life and thank God for giving me so many opportunities to wait. He has taught me such patience. He has taught me to completely trust in Him. He has proven Himself faithful through so many circumstances in my life. And now, in this season of waiting in the unknown, I find that all of those experiences have prepared me. Don't get me wrong...it's not easy, but I have to say that it's not that bad. I am peaceful. I trust Him more than I ever have before. It is precious and I am so thankful!

Dorie is doing so well lately. She is becoming so obedient and well-mannered. She makes me proud. I love being her mommy!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!! "..it's not that bad..." How great! It'll be so wonderful to come to know Dorie! We're looking forward with hope and trust as the Lord continues to guide you and prepare to move you when His timing is juuuuuuusssssstt right! We are so blessed that He protects and guards us from our tendencies to be impulsive and think we need things NOW...(speaking to myself here) He has great plans even in the waiting! Glad you are seeing the little things as special blessings. How fun to love your girl. I'm so glad she was chosen for you and you her. Thanks for your updates!
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete