Friday, April 23, 2010

Sweet Prayers


I love to hear Dorie pray. She has a raspy, deep voice. I love it. But the sweetest part is listening to what she has to say to Jesus.


She didn't know how to pray when I first met her. So every night, I would pray. But we had a conversation a few weeks ago, and I told her that praying is just talking to Jesus. I said that she could tell Him anything. Thank Him for what He has given her. Ask Him for what she needs. Now, we both pray. And I am so blessed by her prayers. They are becoming so much more personal and I know our Savior is enthralled with her.

Her prayers start the same every single time:
"Dear Jesus, Sank You so much. Sank you for papers coming for go to America. Sank You Jesus."

That used to be the end.

Tonight, her prayer was long. She just sat and thanked Jesus for every single person she could think of (even herself!). She thanked him for today. She thanked Him for a million little things. And I had a realization: she doesn't ask for anything. She only praises Him for what He's done and what He's going to do. Notice that she is already thanking Him for her visa?

Oh, how I wish I could be more like that with the Lord! I want to thank Him and to be constantly rejoicing in every gift He gives! I want to live in faith that what He has promised, He is faithful to give.
I'd love to hear how the Lord is blessing all of you...would you please post a comment and tell me one thing you thank Jesus for today??

11 comments:

  1. I am thanking Jesus and doing the happy dance for healing my marriage. It has been a hard 3 years and we are finally seeing the light!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...so hard to think of just one! I have so much to thank Him for! I am thankful for my little man Landon. Such a great 14 month old...he just leaned over in his high chair and gave me a kiss. Why? I gave him some string cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful that I have the incredible opportunity to be getting a college education...as a woman. Thank you Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for sunshine and a long call with my daddy:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her prayers are so sweet.....

    Today I thanked Jesus for the health of my children!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh friend, thanks so much for sharing this! I love hearing about her sweet heart!! I am so thankful for the veggies growing in our garden, the chicks we picked up yesterday, a fun filled week with my mom and my sweet boy in the other room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thankful for all my incredibly supportive girlfriends, for my hilarious son, my loving, generous, and supportive husband, the closeness I share with my sisters and my parents, my home, my health, and the health of all of my friends and family. I am thankful that I have a relationship with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Robyn Baran gave me your blog. I'm an adoptive momma-to-be from Ethiopia and wanted to stay tuned to your journey. :)
    April
    http://planaethiopia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful prayers from your little girl. Out of the mouths of babes...
    So much to learn from little ones. Tears...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny you mentioned it, but my kids are the same way with thanking Him before they have even received it---like today, thank you that our runny noses will be healed....At first I thought that I was neglecting to teach them that they shouldn't presume, but I'd rather see it this way, too, that it's by their God-given, childlike faith that they can put things into His hands and cast their cares on Him with gratitude beforehand that He will accomplish it. What a precious treasure to have that sweet prayer time and the realization that went with it on the heels of tomorrow!!! We will pray --with gratitude for everything already and all that is to come--and expectancy for some great insights into the next step in His plan for you two! Hugs!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. If all could have the faith of a child. No wonder Jesus told us to be more like children. I thank God for you, your blog, and your never ending positive outlook on life. God bless you and Dorie.

    ReplyDelete