Saturday, February 27, 2010

GREAT Night!




No tears last night at all! Thanks to all of you who are praying for us.

I went today and visited two little girls who are waiting for their American parents to come for them. They were taken in by some generous neighbors, so we were happy to see them and deliver some food and dresses from their new family.

It has been a good day. Dorie was a little clingy this morning...wanting to be wherever I was (even when I was trying to go to the bathroom!). We are bonding, but I know this takes time.






This morning Dorie was laying in bed trying to remember the names of all her cousins and other relatives at home. We were able to skype with them the other night, so I think they are beginning to seem a little more real. Everyone keeps telling me how impossible it will be for us to leave next Sunday. I know it does seem impossible, but my mom and I are holding out hope.
By the way, when you first meet Dorie, you should probably expect the response above. She is so shy at first!!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the life of a five year old girl---coloring!!!! May we set up a playdate so Kendall can color with a friend :)? Cutie! I love the dark skin with all her brights and pastels. Bet you are having fun. We pray you ARE bonding and growing in the Lord's love and trust. We'll be praying for this court appt. I think you are asleep...Keep us posted. J :)

    ReplyDelete