Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm Going....


I am going to Uganda to get my girl. It seems crazy, I know. But my faith in the King of Kings is growing by the minute. He has not guaranteed I will come home with her, but I am going to fight for her. I am going to hug her and tell her I love her. I am going to tuck her into bed and cuddle up next to her. When she cries, I am going to wipe her tears. I am going to be her mommy.


I just got off the phone with one of my attorneys, and she believes I should go. So I am planning to fly out on Monday. As in 3 days from now. Just when I was told no more court dates would be issued. And to make it even better, my attorneys informed me that they were given their choice of judges! They are expecting to secure a court date for next Thursday or Friday. Interestingly, Thursday will be exactly 2 years since the Lord prompted my heart to seriously consider adoption. Definitely NOT a coincidence.


This morning my devotional from Streams in the Desert also confirmed that I am to go now:

"As soon as the soles of the feet of the priests...shall rest in the waters...

the waters...shall be cut off." Joshua 3:13

The people were not to wait in their camps until the way was opened, they were to walk by faith. They were to break camp, pack up their goods, form in line to march, and move down to the very banks before the river would be opened.
If they had come down to the edge of the river and then had stopped for the stream to divide before they stepped into it, they would have waited in vain. They must take one step into the water before the river would be cut off.
We must learn to take God at His Word, and go straight on in duty, although we see no way in which we can go forward. The reason we are so often balked by difficulties is that we expect to see them removed before we try to pass through them.
If we would move straight on in faith, the path would be opened for us. We stand still, waiting for the obstacle to be removed, when we ought to go forward as if there were no obstacles.


To top it off, one of my dearest friends today was informed of their court date to adopt the 2 year old boy they've been fostering! We are truly travelling this adoption journey together. What a blessing!

God is moving, and I don't just mean that He is going to do something miraculous for me. He might (I hope He does!), but there are eternal things He is doing, and if we tune in to Him, He invites us to be a part of it. Are you all still watching? Are you noticing Him? Are you accepting His invitation to be part of His great works?

8 comments:

  1. Amazing! God is so amazing! I'll be praying for you and Dorie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen girl....just like you said, there are ETERNAL things He is doing in this! So excited for you and praying for you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am watching and anxious to hear all the details. I am so excited for you! I still I wish I was going with you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are leaving TOMORROW! How cool is that?!? I can't wait to hear more. God is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!! Amazing! God is good. Please blog from Uganda! praying for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What an answer to prayer!! We will be praying for you and your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for all the details of the court date to the ruling to the wording to the visa and HOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete