Sunday, March 21, 2010

I'm staying...

We were supposed to fly home last night. Since things were not ready for Dorie to come home with me quite yet (but hopefully we will have all the details worked out soon!), I have decided to extend my stay for another month. I just can't leave my daughter. So our current schedule is to fly out on Sunday, April 18 and arrive home on Monday the 19th. I'm still praying that we will be able to come home earlier than that though! I would gladly eat the airline's penalty for changing my flight if it meant we could be home for Easter!!

I am not sad. I am staying at an awesome guest house, and my friend Keltie and her kids have come to stay here, too. So I am blessed to have Lynne and her family just around the corner, plus Keltie here at the house. Our kids all get along so wonderfully, so there is going to be a lot of fun around here over the next few weeks.

Keltie and I took our kids to WonderWorld--a little amusement park nearby. It was such a fun day! Dorie was much more adventurous than I expected her to be, so I know she will love Disneyland! I'd better start saving for her annual pass!!

4 comments:

  1. What guest house are you staying? Is it inexpensive? I will continue to pray for you. I may be coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you both can be home for Easter, too! That would be wonderful! Thinking of you daily, and continuing to pray!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Venus, you can email me at: auntiesasa4@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Hey, this is LIFE! *Your* life with Dorie!!!! I love your trust in the Lord for the details of your timeline there and everything else just having to wait at home. This is a great journey of faith, not knowing, but continually seeking the plan His way. I am so proud of you for enduring the unknowns with such joy and peace. Thank you for sharing the blessings with us! We are encouraged by how God is working in your life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete