Friday, March 26, 2010

We're still here...




I haven't been online in a few days. We spent the whole day in town yesterday, hanging around the courthouse and meeting with my attorney. We're still discussing options, and I can't say I know which way to go. But God is faithful, and He is working. I've decided to rejoice in each day I have here in Uganda. After all, spending time in this beautiful country with these beautiful people IS a blessing! I really can't complain. Don't get me wrong...I'm anxious to get home and get into a real-life routine with Dorie. But what a privilege to get to spend 2 months with my daughter in her birth country!

Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm sure you all get tired of reading, "Nothing new to report," but please know that every word you send is being treasured in my heart.

I keep telling you my girl's got some moves...wish you could have seen her here!

3 comments:

  1. We are still praying. Glad you are able to enjoy your time in Uganda. Can't wait to hear when you be coming back the states, though. I can't wait to see you and Dorie this summer... (and, no, we haven't made any plans yet... we just know we'll be that way at some point.) Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to talk to your Mom yesterday, and she updated with all your news! I look forward to reading your post every day! Dorie is a sweet girl.....and can't wait to see her moves. Tell her I may even break out a few moves for her.....hee-hee-hee. Ok, I won't, but would that be hysterical : )

    Thinking of you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet you are having a blast photographing her--that coloring with dressing her in brights! So beautiful. One of my favorites is the big straw hat a while back. Yes, you are bonding deeply, I'm sure. What's her take on the uncertainties? We will pray for wisdom for you as you divulge the details you have for her. Also, peace and security for her as she continues through this transition and grows more attached to you. We are EAGER to have you on your way home! Went to Riley's finalization and my favorite part was applauding, cheering and rejoicing with the families ahead of Riley who would come out of the courtroom and down the corridor with their paperwork SIGNED!!! These parents just beamed over the official-ness of their parenthood. We pray that for you, that you would live confirmed in God's plan for you and Dorie in spite of the paperwork so far and yet hopeful and continually trusting. Lots of love and hugs! Miss you!!! Can't wait to see you! Keep up the good (hard) work! "Let us not grow weary in doing good, in due season we will reap if we don't lose heart......" Galatians 6:9

    :) Jen

    ReplyDelete