Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Prayer Requests

I know so many of you are praying for us, and I am so thankful. Everything in me is still believing that God wants to do something great, but the enemy wants me to feel defeated. I am not willing to go down yet! And even if we don't get to go home together next week (but God still can make it happen!!), I know He will be glorified. So I trust Him. I trust that He has a plan that is to give us "peace, and not evil; to give [us] a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

To keep things moving, I decided to take Dorie to get her medical exam so that when our visa appointment came around, we would be ready. When she got home from school yesterday, it was clear that she was having a positive reaction to the TB test. We are going back this afternoon to have it officially read by the doctor, but I can already see the results myself. She has no symptoms (weight loss, cough, etc), so I am praying that she has just been exposed to it and does not have an active case. Please pray for my sweet girl. I have no idea how this will affect the visa. (**Update: I just got back from the doctor's office. The doctor was fantastic--when he saw Dorie again, he laughted and said, "Oh, it's you--the Drama Queen." Yep, that's her! Dorie is indeed positive for TB, but after chest x-rays it was determined that it is inactive and she was given medical clearance! Yay! Once we get home she will have to be on medication for 6 months, but everything is a-okay! Sidenote: X-rays for a five year old are not fun. Poor baby had to lay there all by herself and would panic every time I had to go behind the wall with the technician. It took 3 tries, but we finally got a clear one!)
Speaking of visas, I emailed the Embassy to keep them informed of our process. I have had very good communication with the person ultimately overseeing the visas, and while I haven't always been thrilled with her responses, she has been straight with me and I appreciate that. So yesterday I got an email from her stating that she had spoken with my judge and that based on their conversations, she would not be issuing any visas. I am sad today, but like I said, I am not giving up hope yet.

"Please, Lord, prove that Your power is as great as You have claimed." Numbers 14:17

Life is so wonderful when we can rest in the arms of Jesus.
Even though this is not going the way I would have planned, I have faith that He has a plan and it is better than mine. He knows the future...He knows my future...He knows Dorie's future. And He has promised that it is full of hope. To any of you reading this that don't have that hope, I pray that you will seek Him. You will find peace in the midst of difficulty. He is faithful and good and true.


3 comments:

  1. Dorie looks so sweet sleeping so peacefully. I think about you daily. Continuing to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hold our breath, but we have faith that He will give us our next breath....Keep the faith and let circumstances be what they may--And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Our prayer will now be for preparation for what's next either way--wisdom and discernment to know how to prep Dorie for the poss. of taking your flight home without her. "But God..." that's our first resting place. We glorify Him with you in all this. Anyway, either way. He is just so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fasting and praying and hoping expectantly for our great redeemer to act~and make his presence known...

    ReplyDelete