Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Weekend




Well, it's the weekend. My mom is leaving tomorrow. I'm sad about that, but trust that it will be a good thing. Dorie and I will get some real alone time. I've decided to stay at the guest house rather than with Lynne and Brian for that very reason. Before I left I read so many books about attachment, and I knew the "right" things to do...we should spend as much time together (alone) as possible so that she learns to rely solely on me as her mother. But being here, it is hard to do that. Our guest house is just a room. There is not a lot to do to fill our days. So we've been going places with the Kelly's, and it's been too much. I realized that last night. Nothing really bad happened, but I knew.
We are having a good time together most of the time. Dorie is hilarious. She has a great sense of humor. She is strong-willed for sure, and things can go bad fast. However, once she recovers, things are great again.

At this point I had to reschedule my return flight for 2 full extra weeks, so I won't be home until Monday, March 21. I am still praying that I can change it to an earlier date though. I'm anxious to get home! The judges are trying to work things out soon, so please continue to pray!
Very happy to have found my favorite African treat yesterday! So incredibly hard and tough but so yummy!

3 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful! Hoping you two continue to bond more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying, Melissa!!!! I think you made a wise decision, sister! This will be the only time that you guys get THIS much undistracted time together!!! What a blessing! Praying for bonding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a beautiful girl!!!

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete