Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Mom, I want chocolate!" and other cute things

That is what I heard whispered in my ear at about 4am this morning! I don't know what in the world Dorie was thinking...did she honestly think I would sit up and say, "Oh, okay! Sure! Have a candy bar!"??? Well, I didn't. I simply said, "No way!" and rolled over. She didn't complain, just went right back to sleep.

I think it started because yesterday morning she looked in the trash can in our bathroom and saw a Snickers candy bar wrapper. She picked it up, looked at it, and then lectured me in broken English about eating chocolate after she went to sleep! She must have woken up and figured it was chocolate time! She's a riot!

On Monday I was later than usual picking her up from school. We had been in town, and though school is over at 4:30, I usually get there around 4pm. This day it was 4:30 on the dot. When she got in the car, Dorie said, "Mom....school.....you no coming." Poor girl thought I was not coming for her! You'd better believe I was there at precisely 4pm the next day!

1 comment: