Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Please pray!

I got some very discouraging news today from my attorney. All is not lost, and I refuse to give in to the temptation to worry. Our God is in control. He knows the future, and He loves Dorie. He has a plan for her life and it is to give her a future and a hope. He promises that in His Word.

So just because people are telling me that she may not be flying home with me on Sunday, and that there is a good chance I will have to leave her here for 3-4 months, I will still put my trust in my God. Whatever He wants to happen will happen.

I do not want to leave my sweet girl here. I don't want to have to explain to her why I am not taking her with me. I do not want to go home and walk past her room every morning. But if that is what God deems to be His best, I will do it. Because His best is His best, even when I do not understand.

BUT GOD. If His best is that we pass court and get a visa this week, that would be a-okay with me! I am still trusting that He will. I am not giving up yet. I am trusting that the Lord would still do a great and mighty work...that He would part this great sea in front of us. Would you please pray in faith with me?

"The Lord Himself will fight for you. You must only remain silent." Exodus 14:14

"Accept the way God does things, for who can straighten what He has made crooked?" Ecclesiates 7:13

“Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this.” Psalm 37:5

8 comments:

  1. I will faithfully pray!!!!

    Thinking of you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for quick decisions on all matters. We are ready for you to bring her home too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRAYING!!! PRAYING!!! PRAYING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for the situation in Uganda....there is no doubt that God will move the mountain, cause His heart is for the orphan...and we are contending for Him to do that NOW.

    Standing with you from Colorado! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa~
    Wow, what a journey you have been on. I am praying for you and for Dorie. I will pray that you will find favor and the Lord shall go before you and prepare your way! Hugs from CCLH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know you but i am praying. my best friend is currently in Uganda waiting to bring home her little boy. she is at Sanyu baby home and her name is Jade. If you get a chance, you should talk with her.She knows exactly what you are going through. Praying Lots for both of you!

    ReplyDelete