Monday, March 1, 2010

Not Today...

Well, the judge was not able to get to court today. We have to go back on Wednesday. It is a fairly common thing, and I am not discouraged. I'm living by Exodus 14:14.

Today actually turned out to be a very good day for many reasons:

1. I got to meet Godfrey. He came to court today. What a gem!! He first met Doreen and took photos of her. It is in part because of him that we are at this point.
2. Pastor Francis came from Rwanda. He just wanted to support me, so he took a bus all night from Kigali and got into Kampala at 4am. We got to go to lunch afterwards and enjoyed talking with him. It was so good to be together again.
3. We got to spend some good time with Doreen's birthmom. We picked her up for court and then she joined us for lunch with Pastor Francis, too. Doreen was very happy to see her, but did not fuss at all when we dropped her back off at her house. I was surprised and relieved.

My attorneys told me today that they are going to try to request some very specific wording from the judge. Please pray, as they have never asked for this particular wording to be put into the guardianship orders. If the judge is willing to do it, we would be nearly guaranteed a visa. So please, please pray!

Now it seems all but impossible to get home on our original flight. BUT GOD. If He wants us on that flight, nothing can stop it. If not, I am okay with it. I am so ready to be home, but I'm okay if I have to wait an extra couple of days. I have a sweet little girl who is so worth waiting for! :)

Every day gets a little better. She goes through moods of utter silliness (where NOTHING can calm her down), complete stubborness, and then just plain sweetness. Like right now--she is sitting at my feet playing with paper dolls. She is singing and talking to herself, telling all the dolls how "smart" they look...and she is rubbing her feet against mine. And like last night, when I woke up in the middle of the night to find her playing with my hair in her sleep. I love moments like that!

4 comments:

  1. I am on pins and needles! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying.....

    So sweet to hear about her playing, and singing, and just being a happy little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful to hear you are not discouraged!!! Such a grace of the Lord!!! Praying, praying! ; )

    ReplyDelete